Saturday, August 15, 2009

karma... the reality


this past week at work, one of my fellow colleague commented to me after i had relaying a story about something new my boys did that i couldn't believe they would do, and they're reply is one that i have heard from this person, and many others multiple times (especially from my parents), and that response is "well its payback for what you did to your folks (or as in my parents case what i did to them to cause they're grey hairs). i was wondering about this when this week we received a report from mason's teacher that he took off all his clothes at school. i can't recall a time that during my tenure as a student of the public school system i was guilty of such charges. however i have been told on several occasions that when i was young buckaroo, and my mom was primary pres, that i was under the impression that primary was a clothing optional area at church. also can't recall a time that i ran down the street naked growing up as both my boys are guilty of on more occasions than I can count (and hopefully our neighbors have forgot those incidents) on both hands. there is however a story my parents have told to me and others about when i was 2 or 3, and i climbed out the window of our apartment, and walked down the street to the local mcdonalds. a lady driving by picked me up, and brought me back to my parents before i reached my destination. this scenario now of days, probably wouldn't have turned out so well. i was thinking there has to be something my kids have done that i never did to my parents. my first thought was i have never robbed a bank with a toy gun and note, and thankfully neither of my kids have either. so i guess karma does exist. my message to everyone reading this post who is thinking of bringing kids into this world, or has kids already, please be aware of your actions, cause your actions are going to come back on you full circle, as i am learning the hard way right now. it is better that each of you follow the actions of the only mr. perfect i know, and this mystical person is..............my older bro jake. i am wondering right now if my parents have ever said, "you remember when jake brought peace and harmony to our house" or " what about that time when jake fed our whole family with only oil soup and deviled eggs". i will have to be sure to bring this up at next reunion, when mr. Perfect himself will be hosting with his better half & fam. now with all that being said, i am now going into the kitchen to feed my whole family with oil soup and deviled eggs for breakfast, as i imagine my brother is doing right now with his fam. Eat up everyone, and enjoy.
adios


1 comment:

  1. oh Jodie, laughing, laughing. I think it does come back full circle. but for different reasons --- not karma, but because they are a part of us! They have some of our genes -- so continues the circle of life!

    hee..hee.. jen

    ReplyDelete