Wednesday, September 16, 2009

celebrate good times come on, let's celebrate them!


i am in a good mood today like no one good mood i have had for such a long time. my toes are arched upward (or possibly downward, whichever way feels best), and i can't stop smiling (whether that is a good thing or not is yet to be determined). the grass is greener, the birds are chirping, and the sky is a shade of baby blue (not technically) i haven't seen for sometime. the reason you maybe asking yourself, "why would someone who lives in a constant state of suicidalness (if that's a real word, i have never played scrabble, so i don't know) & is always looking at everything as the cup is half empty, could be so cheery today"? and that is a great question, thank you for asking. i have the answer for you, and its been a long time coming. for the past year (give or take a week or so) i have been ruled by a regime that has held a bitter grudge against me daily & in return has created some very awkward moments at work. i opened my big mouth last year (around the same time as now) and made some disparaging remarks to this person about some people that they didn't know, but this person is partial to those being disparaged (i due admit the remarks where a little distasteful (and out of character for me). ever since those remarks where uttered there has hovered over me this dark cloud or an even better way to describe the situation is the 2 ton elephant in the room (and the room is the size of my kids playroom, which if you didn't know is really small). this grudge that has been held against me finally comes to a resolution today (and officially in a couple weeks). i will now be working with a new individual & at this point i am starting over. for me the foot stays in my mouth & doesn't ever get to leave it for any reason. after having those remarks thrown back into my face over and over (as recently as yesterday to be exact), i cannot wait for this fresh start. so for the next couple of weeks, i will keep my nose to the grindstone, and my foot in my mouth, but come the beginning of oct i am a new man. good things come to those who wait (or don't make off hand remarks about people to other people who you don't know will take them way to seriously & to their heart ). amanda "don't call me mandy"if your reading this post, i miss working with you. you where the best (and i sincerely mean it). so tonight we open up a bottle of the finest champagne available (since i am a non drinker that will be either be sprite, or ice cold water (as my kids call it), and let's make a toast to better days ahead. so long (sucka), and good night. tootles.

No comments:

Post a Comment