Saturday, June 25, 2011

sick days r here (again)!




this anchor has been out in the scorching heat way too much and has developed a bad sinus infection. i won't bore what's left of my faithful readers with those details, but since i'm down for count right now i wanted to do what all great bloggers (and the not so great bloggers - myself included in that category) post about when they have nothing to write about, or just do not feeling like thinking about something to write...... the top 10 list. without further ado (because my head is pounding right now) here is my current 10 top (in no particular order):

1. my mix cd's - i have made several recently, and that's almost all i've been able to listen to for the most part.

2. HTVOD - i will let you figure that one out

3. Bottle Rocket / Rushmore - two of my ALL TIME fave films. after just listening to their soundtracks recently i've right back on the wagon watching them over and over again.
Note to wes - PLEASE make something good for us soon i've been dying for something good since the royal tennenbaums

4. dallas maves beating the heat for the nba title. ive never been much of a mavs fan after what cuban said about steve nash, but once they demolished the fakers, they've become my team (at least after the suns.

5. swimming pool - amy purchase a small above ground pool for the kiddos, but with it being so hot, im finding this anchor sinking into it at nite (after the sun goes down - cause this anchor has 2 shades of skin, see though & red lobster)

6. a weekend without kids - for the first time since i believe we had kids, me the mrs's had a weekend alone after my folks took the kiddos for the weekend. this was to help us celebrate our 10 wonderful & most blissful years together in holy matrimony. i feel bad cause when we got married i had no money to take her on a honeymoon, and now 10 years later i have even less money and had to have her enjoy another stay cation. we enjoyed going out for 2 dates, had a pig look down my wife's shirt while we ate bbq, and watched some ufc while eating buffalo wings. i could do a whole post about those 3 days of bliss, but my wife beat me to the punch & wrote about it right after it happened. maybe next time i will beat her to the draw (actually i won't)

7. michael scott's leaving of the office - i say this only because of how the show did it. i felt the transition of him leaving was done almost perfect, and the couple remaining episodes where good as well.

8. eckhart tolle - recently some friends at work let me in on his writings, and ive found myself absorbed in them (of course i don't comprehend most of it, but i just blame that on the ego).

9. super marios games for the wii - for our 10 year anniversary my wife got me the first 3 mario bro's games from the original nintendo. yes they have a 25 year disc game where those 3 games and 1 additional mario bro's game from super nintendo are all on 1 disc. i'm not the only one who's hooked on the brothers.


10. my wife - i don't like talking about her cause i usually get in trouble, but she's been working SO HARD lately that she deserves a shout out. she's been homeschooling our kiddos, keeping up with the house chores, driving me crazy with redecorating, cooking (occasionally), and to top it off taking care of me. not an ez chore by any measure, but im sure happy that she puts up with me (and when i say put up with i mean SHE REALLY PUTS UP WITH ME!!!).


so in a nutshell, those are just the top 10 things i could think of right away without really thinking. please feel free to drop me a message (if there is still anyone left reading this blog), and let me know what's on your top 10 list.

No comments:

Post a Comment