Saturday, March 19, 2011

march madness


as u can tell by the title it is the month of march, and madness has begun (and not just for ncaa hoops). this past week was spring break, and now the madness will ensue. i have had from last friday (march 11) till tomorrow (march 20) off of work to spend some time with foreign creatures known as my children. now this time off was supposed to be down time for me (since i haven't had a vacation for several years), but little did i know what was to be in store this week. at the last minute (sat march12) got a call from my mom to say why don't u and kids come on down to their house where we can have a family gathering. let me back up things up just a few before i touch base on the family gathering. my wife's hooptie, i mean vehicle broke down the week before and so we used my car to get me to work (@ 4 in the morn), and pick her up from work (@7 at night). all the while making sure the kids got to where they needed to be at the same time. crazy week indeed. word came back that week from our mechanic that the car was done for. the cost to fix the car was about 10 times the cost of the car itself. so back to sat the 12th we get a company to give us 200 bones for the car & they towed it from the dealership from where the car had been parked all week due to being broken down. now back to the phone call from my mom to come to their place for the weekend. my wife had to stay back due to we would be there till tuesday (march the 15th) and she had to work on monday. so me and the boys where able to pick a ride with one of my older bro's and his fam who headed up on sunday. my younger bro and his fam traveled from texas to be here for spring break. they got in sat night, and my oldest bro and his fam traveled to my parents house on friday, so both of them and their fams were already there when we arrived sun morn. so many things happened from sunday through tues with myself and all my fam, that i am only gonna give a few highlights. the first one is that almost everyone was sick, so needless to say i got sick as well and have been sick this week. only fevers and bad headaches, no nausea (thank goodness). on monday we went as the johnson clan to goldwater lake in prescott (one of this anchor's old jobsites). did some hiking around the lake and threw snowballs. there were several couples out there walking their dogs around the lake, and there was an english bulldog which i fell in love with. she was so cute and smart. as soon as one of boys went by her she'd run for her life. tuesday was travel to anthem and have a day at the park celebrating my nephews upcoming b-day. so spent the day at the park and then went to the asu vs. ok sooners baseball game that evening with my dad, my bros and their older kids and me and my kiddos. game was great (what i could see between making potty trips for my kids and fighting cousins). wed and thurs i was home in bed for the most part still trying to get over being sick. watched some netflix with the kids and played wii. now i am feeling better today (sat march19th) but now my supposed down time will come to an end tomorrow and the madness of work will begin again. after writing this blog for my final four blog readers i think just trying to keep up with my bracket is a vacation in itself. till next time go kansas (who i picked to take it all).

No comments:

Post a Comment