Saturday, February 12, 2011

sicko


the title is not for the michael moore movie, but to me over the past few days (and some would add for most of my life, but those people aren't part of the elite group of 5 that read this blog, so forget them). it started last friday (the friday prior to yesterday) when my youngest kid took a nap in the afternoon. a nap being something they haven't done for many years. that should have been my first clue something was coming down the pike. that very same night they got a fever as well. on sat the wife stayed home with the youngin so me and my other kiddo could go to my uncle's casa, and see my cousin and his family from the great state of texas. the shin dig was amazing with some of the best food i've eaten in a long time. when leaving the sworay i received a call from the wife saying that she had a sore throat and was starting to get aches in her lower joints. i headed home not thinking of the problem that lay ahead. sunday comes, and the wife is burning up with a fever and feeling achy in all her joints now. this was super bowl sunday and i spent the day taking care of the kiddos who by now had both been running fevers, coughing, and being the usual thorn in my side with their fighting and arguing. by sunday night the mrs's couldn't even get outta bed without my help so i took off monday to take care of the kids while she rested (the kids where to do the same since they are sick n all, but that's another post in itself). on tuesday when i got home it was the same things as before but working even harder to not get myself sick. wed morning i wake up to go to work, only now i've got a sore throat. while i am at work my knees begin to give way in pain and my lower joints start to ache. the scary thing is i know whats coming, so i ask to leave early to stop from further exposing anyone else to it. similar to a werewolf when the full moon starts, i felt this sickness start and progress as the day went. that morning as it grew inside me and thought i knew what i was in for. little did i know..... wed, thurs, fri, and now sat i would be almost completely bed ridden with the flu. luckily i have only had 1 night so far where i spent the evening praying to the porcelain god. all my joints ache, i have horrible coughing fits, and an incredible amount of pain in my chest and back area. for the rest of the my symptoms you can read the poem:I Cannot Go To School Today!by Shel Silverstein. a classic. after being in bed for almost all day today decided i would write this post to let the last 5 readers of this blog know i am still alive (as much as i may not feel like it right now). i can now feel the fever start to creep up but i must wait another hour to go by so i can my meds and go to bed. hopefully by the time i post again i will have gotten over this flu, but not with the help of a silver bullet.

1 comment: