Thursday, November 12, 2009

i'm back


guess who's back? after a few weeks of down time thanks to dell having the swine flu, the anchor is back in business. after all that time off (no vacation was taken), i am still at a loss for what i should say to my 5 (possible down to 3 since i was gone for so long) faithful readers that they will enjoy. my first thought was to tell some of the great and magical adventures i returned from. another thought was to tell the story of how i slayed a dragon with my bare hands. i figured since it's been so long, and i don't want to bore whats left of my few readers, i will write about the next best thing..... sex, drug, and rock n roll. well maybe not, due to this blog is rated p.g. (per blogspot regulations). i would like to tell a little story that just took place recently. as i am sure all you know by now (if not read my wife's blog about it) i had surgery last april to have a tumor removed from nasal & brain area. a couple months after the surgery i had to have radiation treatments called "cyberknife" to have the remaining portion of the tumor removed that was inoperable for surgery. this past oct (around the 2nd week, give or take), i had my follow up m.r.i. done for the neurosurgeon involved with the radiation treatments to have him check to see if the tumor was still gone, and only scar tissue in it's place. several weeks went by after i had the m.r.i., when i received a phone from the surgeons office letting me know that they had discovered some residual on the scans that needed further looking into to verify what it is. no problem i thought, cause since i have been dealing with this tumor my case is one that is presented to the group at the barro's neurological center for evaluation. so my case was presented to the group last week, and i was instructed to call the surgeon back to get the results if i hadn't received word from their office by friday. friday comes, and low and behold, no contact from the dr's office, so i called the office, and spoke with a a lady there in the office who instructs me to call back next week, cause the people i needed to speak with where currently out of the office. no worries i thought , all the while in the back of my head i was trying to get myself ready for anything (well almost anything). one thing i have learned from having this tumor is to expect the unexpected. monday comes around, and right in the middle of my work day i get a call from the dr's office informing of the results....... no, they tell me i need to talk to my ear/nose/throat surgeon (i don't know how to spell autolargologist, and frankly don't care enough to look it up, sad, i know) to get the results since he was the one who presented my case to the group. needless to say i immediately get on the phone, and leave a voicemail for a call back from his office to let me know of the results. by this time, its been about a 2 week span from the first phone call about the possible residual , and this had been weigh in on me ever since. finally after 5:00pm on monday i get the call from the correct dr's office, and am in formed that......................
tune into next time to find out!





just kidding, that everything is alright, and that they see no problems or sign of a tumor, YET! now wasn't that little tale more exciting that sex, drugs, and rock n roll, well maybe the drugs & rock n roll part. keep a wrinkle till next time. hasta la vista.


No comments:

Post a Comment